Monday, May 29, 2006

Spring Bank Holiday

Guess what - it's raining. No surprise then for a Bank Holiday. Since returning from Charmouth the weather has been very iffy so the painting I had lined up is well on the way to being finished. The banister and balusters which are quite fiddley are now finished and look good. Unfortuately my painting is rather enthusiastic and some of the paint travelled as far as the new emulsion on the wall. I managed to cover this up easily.
I was just about to go outside and do a couple of windows when the rain came down so you are getting this note instead.
I lead a ramble on Saturday for the New Forest Ramblers. All went well despite having to change the walk, considerably, after one of the rivers became impassible. I shall be leading the same walk for the Verwood Ramblers on Wednesday. When I am rambling Sue usually goes into Ringwood for a bit of shopping therapy.
On Friday I heard a BBC radio programme about a Welsh dancing troupe. I found it interesting and emailed the link to friends (Pete and Jan) who I thought would be interested. It turns out that they listened to it in Austria and Peter had lived in one of the villages mentioned. Small world. I mentioned this because I know they read this blog - one of the few.
Sunshine comes so must go with paint brush in hand.
Byeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know if my last comment got through but enjoyed reading through you blog again.
P & Jan

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home